Friday, June 5, 2009

MAMA!

"MAMA!"At the top of his lungs screaming to me from through the railing bars of the landing at the top of the stairs. It sounded urgent and there was a need and excitement. I put down the dish I was washing and ran out of the kitchen sure that his head was stuck or something was broken or something was...

I popped my head around the corner to see RAT standing at the top of the stairs VERY happy to see me. Nothing was amiss, nothing had happened, nothing but that he has officially learned that Mama means Me!! and screaming it means I will come running. I walked up the stairs and asked him what he needed, and he just said, "Mama" and held his arms out wide and smiled a big smile. I picked him up and he said it again, "Mama" and he gave me one of those super slobbery open mouth baby kisses on my cheek and squeezed my head.

I am the luckiest person in the world.

This is the second time in my life when a child of mine has put together my name with meaning me, and it is still as touching the second time around. For the past 3 months my name has been the verbalization of "I need to nurse, my pants are dirty, or I fell down and need a snuggle." You know "mamamamamaaaa", while crying.

But he knows it is officially MY name, his little yell it and watch her come running game, will wear thin sometime, but for now I am happy to play and that it's pretty exciting.

1 comment:

  1. this made me tear up this morning, my dear ... such a beautiful thing!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete