Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bad timing

So I know I JUST posted about my new job, and now I am going to post about my unemployment. Yes folks, that's right. I had a job for a month. Through a massive convergence of bad timing I am now a stay at home mom full time once again. The short of it is I was the cover person, I didn't get sick days, family emergency days, paid time off, or anything of the like. So with RAT's illness as of late, more on that later, I have had to call off three days in my first month of employment. Being a good mom, sadly, is frowned upon when it prevents you from attending work, and rightfully so. Luckily I saw that it was not going to end well and I suggested my job and I part ways. This is fortunate because due to my thought I am eligible for rehire in 6 months. If I had missed one more day, which would have been today with RAT still running a fever, I would have been terminated and there would have been no going back later. Sad as I am, because I REALLY LOVED my job, it is just not the right time for me to have a job.

If Mr. T was still unemployed this would not have been an issue, if my schedule had leveled off and I was only working weekends (as was my eventual plan any way) it would not have been an issue, if my 2 year old had not had a fever off and on for the last two weeks, preventing him from going to childcare, it would not be an issue. However ALL of those things were a huge cluster fuck of a problem, so I once again find myself a stay at home mom. And really I am pretty ok with that. Everything happens for a reason and I suppose there are other things I am meant to do this year that are not working for a paycheck.

1 comment:

  1. bad timing just stinks .... I'm sorry that you had to quit because I know you loved it, but I also know there was no choice :-(

    Hope RAT is feeling better and gets fully well and healthy soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete