Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Sherlocky Capelet




I have been toying with the idea of clothing for adults, being that the new rules and regulations of manufacturing and selling childrens products basically cost too much for me to legally follow the law. This requires me to find a new creative outlet. I have been making my own clothing for years and I finally decided I should make things for other adults to wear. Here we go.

I was inspired yesterday afternoon and spent the rest of the day drafting patterns and sewing in my dungeon...er, I mean sewing room. After many failed attempts I think I finally came up with a pattern I feel portrays my vision, and then after literally hundreds of photos, I finally got a few I like.


I present the Sherlocky Capelet.
I think I will toy with this pattern some more, try it with a big floppy collar, and a sturdy straight up "Dracula" collar as well. I will also play with the length a bit more but for the most part I think my little cropped capelet rocks. Making things for grown ups is kinda fun too.

1 comment:

  1. oh, my stars! That is awesome! I, for one, love it exactly as I see you wearing it. For special occasions, I could totally see it going girly with a big velvet ribbon bow, too. Love this!

    You really have a talent - I'm just floored that you can take an idea all the way through the process and end up with such a result. You've got a gift, for sure!

    ReplyDelete